A while ago, it was not possible to play ps4 on a laptop. But thanks to the new technology, this is possible. You can enjoy gaming nights through your laptop when your TVs seem to be occupied or not working. The good news has made gamers look forward to playing their game whenever they want. The great news is that it is done in several ways that still leave you with a wide range of options.
When you explore the options, you will realize that each has been taken to the finer details to make it friendly. That means everyone can enjoy the ps4 game with minimal struggles. In this article, we will discuss three ways you can play the ps4 game through your laptop. We will go in-depth and talk about the installation processes up to where the game starts.
Are you ready to get started? Here are the three fantastic ways;
How To Play Ps4 On A Laptop
VIA PlayStation Now
We love good things and, of course, free or with minimal cost. Now, Sony has introduced PlayStation that allows users to play the game without the PlayStation console. It is the newest thing in town, and you have to subscribe for you to enjoy this. The subscription is done yearly, so once you decided to use that, you can always find the information on their website.
To spice it up, you may feel that the subscription money on the service is too much. What Sony has done is to give the users a seven-day trial period. Sounds good? Maybe not. If you feel all that doesn’t sound great in your ears, you can go ahead and cancel the subscription altogether. Remember to turn off the subscription so that you cannot be charged.
If you decide to use the PlayStation now, remember you can use your laptop without worries. Things you will need.
- 2Gb Memory
- Laptop (Windows 10, 7, and 10). These are the ones working with PlayStation Now.
- 300 Mb Storage
- Intel Core i3 with 3.5 GHz
Once you have gathered your requirements, let go to the downloading process. To download PlayStation Now to your Windows, follow these steps.
- The first step is to visit Sony’s website to download PlayStation Now. Alternatively, you can use Google to help you reach their website if you have no idea how to do so. Once you reach their page, find the PlayStation Now and download it. Wait for the process to be complete.
- After that, open the setup wizard. You can click “next” to go to the next level.
- When you click next, they will bring the license agreement. Most people don’t read these agreements, but it is important to know what you are getting yourself to. Read the agreement and click next.
- Once that is done, go through your computer to decide which folder you would love to install your PlayStation Now. Then click next once you have made the decision.
- A shortcut will be created on your desktop. Look out for that shortcut and click next.
- Then you will need to install it. Click the install button to enable installation to take place.
- After you have clicked the install button, you will realize a prompt will appear. That is to ask you whether you want the app to make changes to your system. “Click allow.”
- Once you click allow, an installation command will appear again. Click on it. The installation process will begin, and it takes few minutes, so be patient.
- After the installation process is done, PlayStation Now will launch. In the rare cases where it doesn’t launch, always launch manually.
Now that you have installed the PlayStation Now, it is time to use it to play ps4 on your computer. You may wonder how to go about it, so follow these steps to start you off.
- The first thing, you will have to fill in your details. Select the date of your birth and where you come from. Make sure you set the language you want. After that, click the submit button.
- You will see the sign-in option at the right corner of your screen; go ahead and click it. For this step to take effect, there are a few setting updates you might need to do. Though it is not a must, if needed, follow the procedure you will be given to updating.
- After that, go ahead and click the start free trial button. The button is found on the homepage of PlayStation Now. That will take you to the browser.
- Once there, there will be many options to choose from. One, you will get a one-month subscription and a twelve-month or annual subscription. The selection will depend on you and what you can pay for the moment. Remember, when the trial period is over, you will automatically be charged for using PlayStation Now.
- To continue, you will need to select the choose button. The button is on the left-hand side of the page. Click it and continue.
- A page will pop us where you will fill in your details to sign in to your Sony account. In this case, use the information you will always remember because this is what you will be using to sign in to PlayStation Now.
- Next, click on the seven-day trial again. It is a way of confirming.
- You will now be directed to enter your payment billing methods. That should happen if you haven’t selected any so far. Enter the details and continue.
- The billing details and everything is now saved. The next thing is to enjoy your game. Go back to the PlayStation Now app and stream your ps4 game.
VIA remote play
You can play ps4 through remote play, and this has been made accessible by Sony. If you are on the move and feel bored, take your laptop and kill your boredom with a ps4 game. To enjoy the game through remote play, you will need the following for your Windows.
- A USB port
- Windows PC
- Enough space, probably 100 Mb or more
- 2Gb ram
- Resolution 1024 X 768
- Intel core
- Sound Card
The process of downloading to Windows
The best way to download the remote play is through the Sony website. The good thing about this is because you will have options to choose what application is suitable for your laptop. Generally, there are two options which are Window and MAC. Take your time and choose the right software.
The setup is a walk-in-the-park. Let me explain why. Of course, you followed the downloading part seriously. You downloaded the remote play, and following each process, you chose the right software. The next thing is to set it up. The current update by Sony is giving the users stability that they need. That’s great since you don’t have to worry about your laptop hanging all the time.
Installation of remote play to Windows;
- The software has been downloaded successfully. You can run the installation file, which will lead you to a dialog box.
- In the dialog box, all the installation process is explained. Follow every step and make sure you don’t ignore or leave any information explained.
Now that you have installed it, you need to set up the ps4 gaming console. Follow these steps;
- First, turn on your ps4 console and go to settings.
- You will get a remote play connection setting. Click on it.
- The tab will open and next enable the remote play checkbox. Why are we enabling that? We are doing so to connect the ps4 and remote play software.
- After that, you can revert to account management from ps4’s settings.
- At this stage, you can now set your ps4 console making it your primary system. To do that, click on the activate button.
The process of setting the remote play on our ps4 is done and dusted. Let us now play our game using our remote play to run our ps4 on the laptop.
- First and foremost, turn on the ps4.
- Next, connect the controller to the laptop. To connect, you can use these ways; via USB cable or Dualshock USB wireless adopter. The two works perfectly, so choose the one you are comfortable using.
- On your laptop, I hope you remember you installed “remote play software.” Open it.
- You will get the start button. Click on it.
- Windows will want to know your details. At this stage, enter your log-in requirements to log in to your ps4 network account.
After all that, you can now enjoy your game. A point to note, though, is that your internet must be good. That will allow you to play without delays and internet interruptions.
VIA HDMI using Capture Card
Interesting! You feel that the connection of the ps4 console to the computer is too big or doesn’t want to play through it. What next? Still, you can play your ps4 game via HDMI using the capture card. Just like the remote play, you will need to set it up. That will enable your laptop to act as a PlayStation.
What you will need;
- The HDMI cable. It should be a dual function.
- Video Capture Card
- Internet (wireless)
- Ps4 console
- File sharing (you should enable it)
Ensure you have all the above for a smooth operation. Now let us follow the following steps for our setup to be complete.
- The first thing to do is enable the file-sharing option. You may wonder how you should do that. Now, to enable the “file-sharing,” go to ps4 setting menu and find your network settings. After that, proceed to internet connection settings, and there you will see your internet router. Make sure you press the connect button.
- Once you have done that, it is time to connect the video capture card to your laptop. Follow closely not to get lost. You can connect via a USB port. The video capture card comes with its software and drivers. Ensure that you install them along to have a better experience.
- Now that you have connected your video capture card with your laptop connect it with the ps4. The process of connecting will need you to make an S-video connection done through the connection cable. Once you have done that, you can connect “HDMI IN” found on the capture card and HDMI out found on the ps4.
- It’s time to open your video capture software on your laptop and see whether all is well. Once you open the power-up, your ps4 will allow the software to search the ps4. After the search, the ps4 will be displayed on the screen, and from there, you can continue with your game.
If you follow all the above processes, you should be able to stream your game comfortably. To enjoy full resolution, you can opt to run full-screen. But again, it is your choice.
To add to this, you will need to connect the controller to your laptop. The controller will help you to play the game. Follow these steps to connect;
- The first thing is to plug in your controller on the laptop via a USB cable.
- Once the controller is plugged in, you will see the controller icon. Click on it.
- After clicking, the connection will take place.
Our wrap up
We have taken time to review three steps to follow when you want to play ps4 using the laptop. We have gone through every detail to help you install and understand every process so that you can have an easy time. The methods mentioned above are fantastic and can be used by anybody. However, remember everything has its good and bad side. What you choose depends entirely on you, but we are sure you know what is good for you with our detailed explanation. So go ahead and enjoy your ps4 game.