Do you want to save confidential and valuable data from your mobile straight to your computer? Then a SIM card reader is the device that allows you to copy addresses, contact numbers, or texts and back them up on your computer. Simply put, a person can access information without having to put the SIM card into a phone.A SIM card reader with a USB plug may be an ideal option for people who want to share data with their devices. The user puts his SIM card into such a computer in the same manner he does a mobile.
A USB SIM card reader can allow a person to import his contact information into programs such as Microsoft Outlook or other address books. This may be one of the simplest options for people who have a large number of contacts and wish to have an efficient backup.
Top Picks : 5 Best SIM Card Reader
Top 5 Best SIM Card Reader Reviews- 2021
1. UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Card
Are you looking for a sim card reader that is compatible with multiple operating systems? The UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Card is widely compatible with XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, linux, and Chrome OS, Furthermore, it can read and write several cards at the same time, saving you the trouble of constantly unplugging and replugging. What’s more intriguing is that it’s a plug-and-play system, which means you don’t need to install a driver to use it. It detects the device on the fly and you are up and running within seconds of plugging it in.
It is a great and quality sim card reader for pc that is made to be heat resistant in order to ensure high data transmission efficiency and ultimate durability. Apart from reading Sim Cards, you can read data from popular flash media such as Micro SD among others.When it comes to speed, this reader is second to none. It supports superfast data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps using the USB 3.0 protocol, which is 10X faster than USB 2.0 and allows you to transfer HD movies or files in seconds. Unlike other single-reading Card Adapters, the Ugreen Card Reader allows you to read four cards at the same time, eliminating the need for frequent unplugging and replugging.
- Universal Compatibility – It is compatible with most modern operating systems, including Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS, Linux.
- Manage 4 Card Simultaneously- The Ugreen Card Reader allows you to read four cards at once and eliminates the need for endless unplugging and replugging.
- Premium Quality – High data transfer performance and overall reliability are ensured by a multi-shielded tin-plated pure copper core, a durable surface, and heat-resistant connectors.
- Super Speed on Data Transfer – Supports super-fast data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps using the USB 3.0 protocol, which is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and allows you to transfer HD movies or files in seconds.
- Simultaneous card reading and writing.
- Super speed on data transfer.
- Compact design.
- Extellent quality.
- Ultimate durability
- Sometimes it disappears when you try to copy.
2. COCOCKA Micro SD Card Reader, 3-in-1 USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader
If you are looking for a sim card reader that is 3 in 1 and can work perfectly well with smartphones without the need to download any app, then this is the best option to go for. Using OTG functionality, you can enable it in your settings and you can be able to read your sim card or SD card without any hassle.When transferring files via your phone, it is advisable that you don’t disconnect the card reader in the process.
Unlike other cards, this type of cell phone sim card reader does not support reading tow cards at a go. It also does not support hot plugging. The maximum limit of files you can transfer at a go is 4GB. However, this is a great gadget you would love to buy. Besides working well with computers, you can still use it to watch movies or view pictures from your tv.While not exactly lightning fast, it wasn’t unreasonably slow, either.
- 3 IN 1 SD Card Reader – The SD Card Reader includes a regular USB 2.0 connector, a micro USB plug, and a USB C plug, making it compliant with all USB C devices, laptops, and Android smartphones that support the OTG feature.
- Micro SD Card Converter – For data transfer, a micro SD card reader is used. With this micro sim card reader usb
you can easily transfer files, photos, and videos from your SD/ Micro SD card to your mobile, Android smartphone, and tablet using OTG function.
- Easy to Use and Install – Since you do not need extra power supply and software installation in order for it to function, it is evident that installing and using it is pretty hassle-free. In fact for a window operating system which normally requires drivers for most of its devices, this one requires no driver installation.
- It can support USB on-the-go
- No software installation is required.
- No additional power supply needed.
- It does not require driver installation.
- ompatible all USB type C devices and mobile phones.
- It is a bit slow.
- The maximum limit of data that can be transferred at a go is 4GB.
3. SmartQ C368 USB 3.0 Multi-Card Reader
C368 allows you to work harder and quicker. This card reader is ideal for transferring files from your tablet, camera, or GoPro digital memory cards to your computer and vice versa. Simply plug it into a USB port and you’re ready to go! You would be able to rapidly and efficiently upload and handle your files, even big files, saving you a lot of time in a busy world.With USB 3.0’s data transmission speeds of Super-Speed (5Gpbs), High-Speed (480Mbps), and Full-Speed (480Mbps), you won’t have to sit around and wait (12Mbps). This computer can read a variety of cards, including CF (CompactFlash) and MicroSD, two of the most common and widely used memory cards.
This is the answer for you whether you are a talented or amateur photographer, artist, or someone who works with big files. You can also getread/write access to a variety of memory cards, including those containing high-resolution files. Remember that this unit is also USB enabled, so there is no need for external electricity. Its lightweight and portable size makes it ideal for travel
- Portable – Created to be lightweight and USB enabled, you do not need extra power to use it. It is all powered by USB. This way, it becomes a good option for people who love travelling.
- Amazing speeds – If you are tired of using bluetooth to transfer files and you want to switch to a faster and convenient way, then this sim card reader will perfectly suit you. This is because it provides astonishing speeds of up to 5gpbs.
- Simultaneous access- If you are looking for something that is capable of reading your memory card and at the same time it is reading your sim card, then this is the solution. Why? This is because it can simultaneously access up to four different cards for concurrent download.
- Easy to use- Given that you do not need to install any additional software to use it, anybody can get started within a matter of minutes.
- Plug and play.
- No software is needed.
- Can handle up to four different cards at the same time.
- It has excellent speeds.
- It can work well with most standard memory cards
- It can’t work well with the MacBook Pro.
- Since it is plug and play, sometimes it doesn’t get recognized.
4. ZAHEMES USB C SD Card Reader Micro SD Card Reader
Are you looking for a long-lasting Micro SD card reader adapter that is lined with fireproof material to provide fire safety and high-speed data transfer? If so, this best chip card reader is an excellent pick for you. It is capable of supporting USB peripherals such as flash drives and can quickly read several cards at the same time.However, if you want to use it on your smartphone, your phone must be capable of supporting OTG capabilities. You can move almost everything with this awesome gadget, from images to even videos. The transfer speed is ten times higher than USB 2.0, thanks to the use of USB 3.0 technologies. In this manner, you will be able to transfer large files without difficulty.
Given that iOS and Android devices can be restrictive at times, and you might not be able to read your flash disk directly from them, this card adapter comes in handy for extending the functionality of these devices. When you add them to your phone or device, you will be astounded by what you can do. There is no question that you will access USB flash from your iPad Pro’s files app with this device.You can now save videos and music to your two-terabyte hard drive and access them from All of your computers. You can even bring it there, and you won’t have to waste time with competing cloud providers.
- FireProof protection – ZAHEMES sd card reader is made of the most recent fireproof material shell and is equipped with over-current, over-voltage, short-circuit, and over-temperature protection to eliminate any security threats.
- SD/TF Cards & USB Port Simultaneously – Furthermore, you can use SD/TF cards and a USB port simultaneously with these devices. What’s more, the overall space can go up to 128GB.
- Easy to use- Since you require no software nor drive installation, then this card can quickly help you sync and store your files anywhere and anytime.
- Faster speeds- Made with USB 3.0, it goes without saying that the speed at which you can transfer videos of photos is nothing short of incredible.
- High speed data transfer.
- Support SD/TF Cards & USB Port Simultaneously
- Extensive compatibility for all USB type C devices.
- You can upload photos and videos to your device quickly.
- Convenient transfer of files from iPas to your USB C phones.
- It might sometimes ruin your SD card.
5. LEEGLOAD SD Card Reader for iPhone/iPad,SD Card Reader
If you’ve been waiting for an awesome product that is ideal for those who have an advanced DSLR camera or any sd card camera but don’t want slow wifi or bluetooth transfer of camera photos to an iPhone, then this one’s for you. It might be just what you’re looking for. For example, if you have an iPhone with the most recent operating system and you plug in this device, the photo app will easily recognize the pictures and allow you to access them from your screen. Unlike bluetooth or wifi, which are much more complex and require a longer time to use, this device is almost effortless to use.
Furthermore, the usb sd card reader does need any third party app or even internet connection to operate. In addition to that, the transfer speeds of this SD card reader is nothing short of amazing. What’s more interesting is the fact that you can use this same devie to charge your iphone by plugging in your charging cable. Besides, you can easily transfer your raw photos to your mobile phone.
- Plug and play – This ensures that the system can quickly adapt to a machine without the need for any applications or drivers to be installed. A user can connect and uninstall devices without the need for manual programming or knowledge of computer hardware.
- Super high speed – With speed between 20MB/s -30MB/s, you can transfer huge chunks of files from your phone to your computer within no time,
- Charge your phone – This SD card reader has the ability to charge your iPhone by plugging in a charging cable.
- It does not require an internet connection or third-party app to work.
- Great transfer speed.
- Less costly
- Comes in handy with phone charging capability.
- Easiest way to transfer photos to phones.
- The instructions are written on a small instruction booklet.
- Uploading and downloading from an iPhone 6s is a little unclear.
Buying Guide For Sim Card Reader
The reader could be large or small depending on how it is constructed. The two dimensions usually have the same amount of strength and speed, but size will also determine how convenient it is to use the reader. A large reader, for example, can not be useful in small spaces or if you travel often.Around the same time, the smaller reader can be more difficult to misplace.
Once you have access to a SIM card, your machine can read the documents stored on it. During this time, whether the SIM card reader lacks authentication or security, a hacker will read any of the documents on the card. While this is unlikely, purchasing a reader with security features would encrypt the documents, making it much more difficult for a hacker to obtain your SIM card.
There are many types of SIM cards, and a SIM card reader might be limited on what types of cards it may see. It is ideal to find a card reader that can read many formats, but this type of reader might be larger and more expensive than desired. Furthermore, you can choose a reader that allows you to view several cards at the same time.
If you are going to be transferring huge files such as movies from your phone to computer, then you need a device that has super fast speeds enough to enable you transfer many videos or images within a short period of time.
Aside from looking at quality, speed and capability to work with different formats, you also need to consider your budget and get a device that is cost effective.
How to use a sim card reader?
Gone are the days when only a cell phone could read a SIM card. If you have a SIM card the size of a fingernail in your mobile phone, you can conveniently backup all of your contacts’ details by using the best sim card reader. To be able to to that, these are the steps:
Install the USB SIM card reader software from the CD that came with your SIM card reader on your computer.
- To all pop-ups, click “OK.”
- Reboot the computer for the software changes to take place.
- Next,Log in to your computer.
- Remove the SIM card from your phone with caution.
- Insert the SIM card into the side of the USB SIM card reader.
- Insert the USB SIM card reader into the USB port on your device. Allow Windows to validate the new USB unit.
- Select the SIM card reader button by double-clicking it.
- By selecting “Archive now,” you can back up your addresses, text messages, and any images on your phone SIM card.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you read data from a SIM card?
First, you need to plug in your SIM card to a card reader, then wait for your computer to detect the device. Insert a cd and install the reader software in case you haven’t done yet. And from the app you can be able to access all your data and files.
Can a SD card reader read a SIM card?
Yes, but only if that particular SD card is designed to support multiple card formats including but not limited to SIM card.
Do SIM card readers work?
Yes. SIM card readers can be used for a multitude of uses, from creating a backup of the records to merely searching the contents of the card. You no longer need to be concerned about missing your cell phone content if you have saved the data from your SIM card on your device using a SIM card reader.
Which is the best SD card reader?
We currently believe it is ProGrade Digital’s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Dual-Slot Card Reader: it is not inexpensive, but it is the fastest card reader available for SD and CFast 2.0 cards.
What is the price of a SIM card reader?
Without adding the shipping cost, the average price of a sim card reader ranges from $12 -$20 dollars depending on the features it contains.
Sim Card readers seem small but what it does is nothing short of amazing. With the reader, you can view, edit, create and back up phone book entries on your computer without using your mobile phone’s keypad. That sounds good, right?
Created with supersonic speed it allows you to transfer data to your computer within no time. Unlike in the old days, it is much easier to have backup of your phone messages and contact with the help of this device.
If you have been hanging on right up to this point, I can tell that you have gathered sufficient information to help you get started with getting yourself the best sim card reader. Our buying guide can come in handy when you are thinking of the choice to make.