Today, people move in homes packed with furniture and every room is covered with carpet. Even though it comes with lots of advantages, there are a lot of downsides too. Especially the bright colored ones in places with kids, this project can be put off soon and replaced.
Over the years there are stains that prove hard and expensive to treat. Of course, going the natural way by making your cleaner is worth it. While some methods worked well, it is wise to check and ensure that the ingredients used are safe for use. Even worse, you end up spending too much on maintaining its sparkle. Read on for this cheap cleaning solution and save your time and money.
What is the best way to Clean Carpet?
While carpet covering on the floors of a home is pretty much of a rejoice, its existence turns out to be a bother to many people. There are challenges that come when trying to maintain its glow with pets and kids walking across it several times daily. The fun in it comes when you get to practice cleaning it using natural ways. This kind of care will cut on opting to remove the carpets.
Why Consider Using a Homemade Solution?
The homemade cleaning solution is always a secret recipe for keeping the carpets clean. The extractors in a way come with a lot of advantages, unlike the commercial products. One obvious reason is that within no time it is easy to realize if a cleaning solution contains chemicals that irritate the skins. That is the time to start looking for eco-friendly and the right products.
Besides, some of the products come with unknown ingredient names. As it is, it is hard to use something that you do not know and it can stop you from buying again. That makes the best time to decide and shift to making homemade solution. Ad perhaps the branded cleaning products can be considered for the strongest stains.
For homes having kids, natural solutions are perfect. Because children like crawling and sleeping on carpets and their skins are sensitive, this will suit them. By the end of the day there are no chemicals that are likely to cause allergic reactions.
Other than the potential health concern, a homemade cleaner as well leaves the surrounding environment clean. It produces no dangerous chemicals that may leave no bad odors after application on carpets. Unlike other chemical-containing cleaning products, this solution not only removes stains but also leaves smooth and soft texture. You will not need to scrub again thus reducing damages the fabric.
How often should you clean your carpet?
Sometimes it happens that when carpets are thoroughly cleaned, it may need to be cleaned once every month. Unless you have a carpet cleaner, it would be more practical to keep up with that. The truth is that paying to have the fitted carpet washed is pretty costly, and also renting the right machine seems like a real hassle. Having a suitable cleaning solution work well.
If you do not feel like doing it yourself the other option is to hire a professional to clean for you. Making your solution will not only clean like charm but also bursts tough stains. It works well on pet odors and stains, wine and also food stains.
The process of cleaning carpets is usually daunting. If you want to use free homemade cleaning solution. Then it is the right time to try out this simple recipe. All you need is some ingredients like:
- One gallon either glass or plastic container having lid
- One cup of hydrogen peroxide
- 1/8 cup of dish liquid
- One tablespoon Oxiclean
- 1/2 cup of fabric softener
- Fill in your water tank of the cleaning machine using hot water. This is better than cold however the container should be handled well. Keep in mind to leave enough space for adding the other ingredients. Then use the funnel to add the hydrogen peroxide and fabric softener into a gallon.
- Fill this gallon with water and then mix thoroughly. Add a tablespoon of dish liquid Oxiclean or use other brands as long as it does not have bleach. Remember if you add the detergent before filling in the water soap bubbles may overspill. Only add the recommended amount of soap. It is worth noting that more soap is not equating to a lot of cleaning.
- Fill in warm water into the carpet cleaner’s tank and add two ounces of this prepared solution. Add vinegar, one and a half tablespoon, and 3percent hydrogen peroxide, one-quarter cup. In case you need the refreshing and long-lasting smell of citrus, then add five lemon essential oil drops. Stir well and mix the components slowly with a constant circular motion.
- Finally, clean the carpets following the regular carpet cleaning instructions. Keep the remaining solution for the next leaning when needed.
How do you use this solution?
If you need to do away with odors and stains from rugs and carpets this easy to use solution will work fine. All you need is to apply then vacuum the smell away. This will get out any type of stains and see it truly works miracles even on upholstery, clothes and more. Indeed, this is simple and by the fact that you will not get out of the house. The ingredients required are mostly available in the kitchen.
Finally, if you are an economical person, making this solution is worth it. The reason is that you will end up saving money instead of buying commercial products. It is even worse because you could be paying only for the advertisement fee.
Consequently, what is the reason for considering this option? Not only is money the main concern, but it also saves time since it takes a short time to get this solution ready. With this, you get the opportunity to clean every stain in the home and transform the original looks.
That said, this could not be completely practical for homeowners who are busy or not comfortable using DIY. This recipe guarantees to remove many types of stains; some may turn out to be tough. You may need something more powerful.