Whether you own a printing business or a recreational artist, you know how important it is to have a good-quality transfer paper printer to get those alluring prints. Printing on fabrics, mugs, bags, or even plates can become enjoyable when the outcome is worthy. Therefore, even if you have good creative skills, without proper equipment it will go in vain.
Hence, we have brought 7 best printers for both pros and hobbyists. Do not matter if you want a printer for transfer paper for your professional reason or hobby, our featured printers will prove the most reliable for your transfer papers to provide graphic prints in no time.
Our Favorite Printer
7 Cnet Best Printer Reviews by Expert
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Wireless Printer
One of the most high-fi inkjet printers equipped with modern solutions for modern problems is the HP OfficeJet. Talk about an issue you face with printers, this Pro 9025 has everything sorted out, starting from security, ease-of-use, self-healing, voice-activation, WIFI connectivity, to its output. It is an all-packed inkjet printer and a dream of many to own!
App: For printing on the g, HP has included a smart app that you need to connect with your device and scan, print, or fax documents on the go. Also, the printing ink can be easily ordered from the smart app.
Self-healing: This 4-in-1 print, copy, fax, and scan device has self-healing properties, unlike other printers. And it is possible when you connect the wifi with your printer to detect any upcoming or underlying issues and go through 3 stages of reconnection instead of redoing everything.
Security: It might sound unlikely for a printer to have such a feature. But yes, HP OfficeJet does have the password, documents, and WIFI protection, and also has basic encryption.
Output: This printer is a time-saver as it can print both sides of the paper in one go and can print 24 documents in a minute. You can also connect the printer with Alexa for voice activation printing and eliminate repetitive small tasks.
- Has voice-activated printing
- Consists of safety features
- Has remote printing technology with APP
- Tasks can be customized
- Is a 4-in-1 device
2. HP Smart-Tank Plus 551 Wireless All-in-One Ink-Tank Printer
Another unique creation of HP is the Smart-Tank plus with thermal printing technology. This device is a 3-in-1 that prints, copy and scans with all the updated and technologized features. It is the fastest printer anyone can have and already comes with 2 years of ink supply that produces the most vibrant, accurate, and alluring prints to your media.
Ink: Smart-tank plus already comes with 2 years of ink bottles to keep you tension-free, plus there is an automatic ink-sensor on the tank that notifies you just before the ink is about to finish. The bottles are spill-proof and can be resealed for the most convenient usage.
Connectivity: This printer can be Wifi connected to print documents directly from your devices. Moreover, you can connect it with Alexa to voice activate printing and use the HP smart app to activate remotely on the go.
Output: The inks of this printer already provide crisp, bold, vivid, and most high-quality and borderless prints. Plus, the printer can provide 11 pages per minute of the scan, copy or print documents.
- Has remote printing system
- Comes with 2 years of the ink supply
- Fast output of 11 ppm
- Can copy and scan too
- Provides borderless printing
- Can be confusing for beginners to use
3. Epson EcoTank ET-2750 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer
Another most high-tech inkjet printer is the Epson Eco Tank that takes third place in the best printer for transfer paper list. This wireless and cost-saving printer will never compromise with your expected output. For those who have a slightly low budget for a printer, they can invest in this amazing inkjet EPSON printer.
Connectivity: You can connect it with your smartphone or any other device to print on command remotely. Also, any pre-saved document in that connection can be instantly printed, however, make sure the Wifi is connected with the printer.
Memory card: One of the best features of this printer is that it has a built-in memory card slot that helps you to save your favorite prints or important files to reprint again in the future. Moreover, the digital 1.44-inches colored display in the front allows easy monitoring of the device.
Savings: Not just the upfront cost of this printer is comparatively low, but as you keep using it you will see savings in ink and paper cost too. Firstly, the inks’ replacements bottles are quite cheap. And, both side printing allows 50% paper saving.
- Can print both the sides of a paper at once
- Consists of a display for easy usage
- Can connect with WIFI
- Has remote printing technology
- Ink tanks are easy to refill
- Does not have much variety of work like scan, or copy.
4. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Wireless Color Photo Printer
If you are looking for a compact and home-friendly printer that serves like multi-purpose modern technology printers, then buy this Expression Premium by Epson. With its inkjet printing type, the prints on your transfer paper or any paper, in general, will come out crisp, bold, and superiorly stunning. It does not end here, as this printer allows wireless printing from your device, and its app can be used to print your social media pictures as well.
Convenience: Epson Expression Premium is the other name for convenient printing due to the presence of a touchscreen 4.3 inches colored LCD from where you can easily instruct the printer for its work. Moreover, you can also go for remote printing, scanning, or copying with your device by connecting it with the printer via Wi-fi. Alexa can also be connected for even convenient voice-over activations.
Furthermore, you can use the Epson app to print, scan your social media photos, or create customized templates for them.
Output: The printer can work on both sides of a 4”x6” paper within 12 seconds, plus you can enjoy 30 pages of the auto-document feeder. The result will be borderless, high-quality, sharp, and crisp images on the paper.
Durability: The EPSON ink used is super durable with water and fade-resistant technologies. You can create your favorite book by photo scanning from the internet, print excellent HD pictures, and much more.
- Quite compact and home-friendly
- Works on both sides of the paper at the same time
- Can print, scan, and copy
- Network-less printing with Wi-fi connectivity
- Has a digital display for easy instruction
- Not compatible with third-party ink
5. HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw Wireless Laser Printer
Yet another HP in the list and this time is the LaserJet Pro for ultimate laser-printing with world-class security and network-less features. The 2.7-inch colored touch display makes every step a breeze, plus its 300 pages of input capacity and auto 2-side print enables comfort in every aspect. You can carry on with your projects with more efficiency in less time and with more cost-saving.
Output: This compact, mini-size printer can provide you with 28 both-sided printed pages in a minute! Monthly, you can expect the printer to serve you with 4000 pages with laserjet high-quality prints.
Cost-saving: Being energy-star certified, this printer has a reputation to save 11% energy compared to previous versions, plus the auto two-sided printing means you require half the papers.
Convenience: LaserJet Pro has the utmost convenient and user-friendly features to drool for it. You are getting embedded security all-throughout to protect your printer from potential attackers. Also, the 2.7 inches display comforts you with easy management of the printer.
Furthermore, connect the printer with your device via Wi-fi to go wireless remote printing anytime you want. Lastly, the printer allows USB-connected PDF prints too.
- Provides super-efficient 28 ppm output
- Has auto two-sided printing
- Saves 11% energy and 50% paper.
- Managing job is easy with the touchscreen LCD
- Compact and space-saving design
- Cannot scan pictures
6. Brother HL-L6200DW Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
One of the most budget-friendly and compact printers on this list is the Brother HL Wireless laser printer, yet it provides high-quality and professional output in no time! You can say, it is the fastest working printer too, as it can print up to 48 pages every minute too with default double-sided printing technology. This laser printer from Brother can be your best friend in everyday work life to make it smooth and easy.
Security: Even though it is low-priced, Brother did not compromise with the security of users. With its highly embedded triple-layer security features, all your documents and connections remain out of reach for hackers.
Connectivity: You can connect the printer with your mobile device and enjoy wireless printing from anywhere. Command your printer using your device and it will keep printing, plus with the 2.0 USB connectivity, you can share documents with others on a safe margin.
Output: Brother LaserJet printer provides low cost fastest printing, as you can expect 48 pages printed out monochrome every minute, that too on both the sides of the paper. This dual-side printing enables paper-saving. Additionally, the expandable paper-tray can hold up to 250 sheets in one go for continuous printing.
- Consists of advanced security features
- Can print 48 pages per minute
- Highly budget-friendly printer with low-cost printing
- Has auto double-sided printing
- Can print wireless
- Does not print colored, only monochrome
7. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner
Last but not the least, we have the Duplex document scanner by Fujitsu with double-sided scanning of anything such as cards, letters, envelopes, and papers. The touch LCD enables comfortable managing of the scanner and allows you to choose your preferred area from where you want documents to get scanned. It provides high-resolution scanning of 30 pages per minute, which is too double-sided.
Convenience: The scanner has a touchscreen display from where you can easily manage and scan your documents directly from your Google drive, desktop folder, and much more. The scanner already has built-in software that provides auto-crop and deletion of unnecessary spaces.
Output: This ScanSnap is the most productive that produces 30 pages of scan per minute with a default setting of double-sided scanning. Additionally, there will be 50 pages of automatic documentation feeder.
Connectivity: You can connect the scanner via laptop, PC, or mobile to directly scan anything from there. The connection is either wireless via Wi-fi or a USB for your ease.
- Compact, lightweight, and space-saving design
- Provides high-resolution scanning
- Can scan 30 ppm
- Touch display enables easy and fast management
- Very costly and do not have a printing feature
How to use a Printer for making transfer paper?
For printing an image or graphic on a surface, transfer paper plays a vital role. Once you select a certain design for the transfer paper, you would want to get them printed and it is that easy just the way one prints with a regular paper. Slide in the transfer paper through the printer evenly, making sure there are no wrinkles on the paper. Then print your transfer paper out depending on how long your printer takes. Next, use the printed transfer paper to heat transfer the design on your desired surface. Make sure, you reverse the transfer paper before heat pressing them on the surface to get your desired view.
What kind of printer do you use for heat transfer paper?
– Transfers papers are made to work with either laser or inkjet printers. However, the papers are not compatible with both at the same time, because inkjet transfer papers require an inkjet printer and laser ones require laser printers.
Is inkjet or laser better for heat transfers?
– Comparably, inkjet printers are better than laser printers because of their wide variety of transfer paper. Moreover, they are faster at heat transfer than laser ones too.
Can you use a laser printer to print on fabric?
– For fabric printing inkjet printers are considered better than laser printers. Because of their fast heat transfer, the design of the transfer paper sits well on fabric without the need to re-do it. Redoing can distort the design.
How do you permanently print on fabric?
– To make the prints wash-friendly and long-lasting on your fabric, you need to wash the fabric with a Bubble jet-set before printing. This liquid wash makes the print sit on the fabric well and forever.
What can you use instead of transfer paper?
– Substitute of transfer paper is a bit costlier yet more effective, which is a vinyl sheet. There comes heat transfer vinyl sheets that work quite similar to transfer papers, but with different types of printers.
On a final note, printers are quite effective and essential equipment to have in the house. These transfer paper printers will not only aid you with printing on objects, but you can also print documents from your devices. Regardless, the listed 7 best printers for transfer papers will make your printing projects look flawless, vivid, and more attractive. It will be a win-win situation if anyone invests in any of the 7 high-tech mechanism printers.