The world is evolving, and modern technology is making life easier every day. The advantages of having the right satellite finder when building a satellite dish cannot be overstated. Gone are the days when monitoring satellite TV location involved only a standalone FTA satellite finder.
If you are wondering what the heck is a Satellite signal finder, then it is simply a portable device that lets you search for signals with little or no inconveniences.
These devices normally come in handy when troubleshooting dishes and decoders, something I am probably sure you do quite often.
Getting the best satellite finder could therefore be a daunting task for you, However, we have prepared a review of 5 best satellite finders alongside their benefits, features and disadvantages to guide you.
Great! without further ado,let’s dive right in.
Top Picks : 5 Best Satellite Finders
Top 5 Best Satellite Finders Reviews- 2021
1. AGPtek Good For Campers Digital Satellite Finder
Are you searching for a strong Digital Signal Meter finder that can locate satellites in under a minute? This is the automated satellite finder to use. To help you get started fast, it comes with two lithium batteries that will last for a long time before you need to replace them. If you like to camp, this gadget is perfect because it is operated by the receiver.
For beginners, getting up and running is not a big deal. It is made to be simple to set up and operate. Besides, If you want to carry along with you while travelling, still its compact and pocket size is enough to fit into your backpack. Created with a built-in amplifier, this device is able to compensate for insertion loss.
- High quality component – Nothing is disappointing than to have a digital satellite that is of low quality and hardly does the job it is supposed to do. This device is however different. Created with anti-corrosion connectors, you can use it for a long time without any difficulty.
- Easy to use – It is easier to fine-tune the dish after it has been connected to locate the strongest reception. It does not leave you waiting for an extended period of time. You should be able to see your signal reading within minutes of changing it to position if you set it up correctly.
- Built-in amplifier – For you to get them most of a signal finder, it ought to have the ability to compensate for any insertion loss. This is the work of a builtin amplifier. It makes up to the loss of signal power resulting from the insertion of a device in a transmission line.
- Easy to operate.
- Nice tool for campers.
- Excellent quality
- Works well with directv hd swim signal.
- Made with anti-corrosion connectors
- The compass doesn’t work at all.
2. GT MEDIA V8 Satellite Finder
This is the finder to use if you want a satellite dish finder that is easier to use to display satellite signals. You can conveniently display and watch satellite channels in real time by using the 3.5-inch LCD color projector. This finder also supports digital media Broadcast Satellite, a common way of transmitting digital TV broadcasts (DVB-S).
Interestingly, it enables you to quickly scan for all the satellites and make selection from the list of all retrieved satellites. In addition to that, you can manually pass satellite lists to quickly search for satellites that you wish to locate. Created with a high performance lithium battery, this device can continuously work for a whooping 4 hours before you recharge again. It supports LNB short-circuit protection hence safe and secure to use.
- Easy to use for Beginners – It is one of the easy to use outdoor signal detectors for TV antennas. Any novice user can have easy time adjusting it and installing on parabolic pans.
- High performance Batteries- Unlike others which come along with non-rechargeable batteries, this one comes in handy with nice batteries that last for up to 4 hours and can be recharged.
- Nice 3/5-inch LCD screen – To enable you watch the channels search real time, it is equipped with a nice LCD color screen. Besides, the LCD comes in handy when you also want to configure satellites antennas.
- It is suitable for beginners.
- It is much simpler to install and set up.
- With this you get professional after-sale services.
- It is highly effective in its performance.
- It is secure and safe to use.
- It allows users to manually add satellite lists.
- It is not Swim compatible.
3. GT MEDIA V8 Satellite Finder
If you want a satellite finder that can easily help you easily tune the satellite dish to your favorite satellite station, without having to go back and for checking if the set up menu is on the receiver, then this is the one to go for. And For those of who love TV and Directv, this finder can sort you out in maintaining excellent connectivity to your satellite TV.
Besides, It allows you to accurately predict the strength of the signal when aiming a dish and locking onto a signal. When it comes to ease of use, it goes without saying that setting it up is fast and simple. This makes it an outstanding satellite finder for traveling around the world. It has a built-in audio tone that will warn you if you are focusing on a satellite. Furthermore, you won’t need to keep an eye on the TV screen when aiming because the LCD monitor would allow you to see the satellite’s searches in real time.
- Easy to use – Using this device, it is much easier even for beginners to quickly set it up and find their satellite tv stations within no time.
- Portable – For people who love travelling, getting a portable and quality satellite finder is a priority. Regardless of where you carry this device to, you can easily locate the satellite signal without any challenge.
- Built in Sound audio – The audio is intended to show you whether you are zeroing in on a satellite dish.
- It accurately predicts signals.
- It is lightweight enough to be carried around.
- Setting up is easy and simple.
- Excellent connectivity.
- Great quality.
- It is extremely simple to use.
- it’s not completely isolated from interference.
4. STEREN Satellite Finder
Are you looking for a TV signal finder that will provide you with a good and optimal signal? Then is a great option for you. If you often miss satellite signals, the STEREN compass satellite angle finder will assist you in avoiding those technological issues. Aside from that, this finder is committed to providing you with precise dight surveys and satellite antenna installs.
They come along with amazing features such as azimuth readings with reverse scale to prevent errors, protective punch, clinometer in both degrees and percentages for evaluations, heights and slopes, and adjustable eyepieces. And for cinematographers, this finder can come in handy when predicting the position of the sun when doing your shoots.
- Accuracy – Created with reverse scale for azimuth readings , this finder reduces the possibility of error occurrence hence ensuring that you get nothing short of precise and accurate survey readings within seconds.
- Durable –To make it strong enough to withstand harsh conditions and possible damages, the signal finder is designed with aluminum housing which protects it making it not easily freeze.
- Clarity – On top of quality, this finder saw it good to come ready with adjustable alignment lenses to help you get maximum clarity.
- Strong signal – If you are trying to avoid situations where your signal keeps going back and forth, then you need to get yourself this amazing satellite finder that makes your satellite dish deliver extremely quality sound.
- Extremely strong satellite signal.
- Comes with adjustable alignment lenses.
- Aluminum housing to protect it.
- Accurate readings.
- Compass with reverse scale to prevent error.
- Great quality and decent price.
- Sometimes they come with defects hence you will have to return.
Are looking for a great labgear satellite finder that makes tuning C-band, Ku-band and digital an easy task? This satellite finder is the best for you. As long as you correctly align your dish, you can be assured that your receiver will be able to get the strongest signals ever. How do you know that the signal is strong? Well, listen to the tone changes for its builtin sensitive tone function. The stronger the signal the higher the tone.
Besides, this finder is quite compact and pocket size enough to be carried along to wherever you are going. You may assume that setting it up is complicated just by looking at it. However, you’ll be shocked by how simple it is to specifically position your dish in order to transmit the best signals to your receiver. Surprisingly, no external batteries are needed to power this satellite finder. This is attributed to the fact that it is operated directly by the satellite receiver.
- Pocket sized finder- To enable you to carry around if you love travelling a lot, this satellite finder is created to be lightweight and compact enough to fit your small travelling bag.
- Simple to use – For beginners installing this device and tuning channels is a breeze needless to mention the time it takes time to search satellites. It is pretty effective to the extent that you can do a lot in a matter of minutes.
- Fairly priced – if you have been wondering where to get a cheap satellite finder, then look no further for this offers you low prices compared to others.
- Compact and pocket size.
- Features a tone that changes with change in signal strength,
- It is powered directly by a satellite receiver.
- Relatively cheap.
- Extremely perfect signal strength.
- It does not work well unless the receiver is very close to the satellite
Best satellite finder Buying Guide
Despite the fact that we have saved you some time by analyzing the top 5 satellite finders. Without these critical parts, the information is incomplete. In this segment, we’ll go over the factors you can think about before purchasing a satellite finder. So, what precisely are these criteria?
The intensity of signal that a signal finder can produce is an easy way to judge its accuracy. Quality finders are designed to have better and more consistent signals. As a consequence, these are the ones to go for. Aside from that, the structure should be sturdy enough to last a long time.
Even though quality and price go hand in hand, there is no question that not all expensive goods are of good quality. In the other hand, certain reasonably priced finders are of high quality, so you do not need to stretch your budget for a simple satellite finder.
- Ease of use
While some best finders can be difficult to use, others have been designed with beginners in mind, making them easier to use and use to look for satellites. So, if you’re still a beginner in these things or just don’t want to deal with distracting finders, you should look for a simpler satellite finder.
How to use satellite finder
A satellite signal finder is a device that links with a satellite dish, so that as you move the shift around, the gauge registers the satellite’s signal strength. The unit will display the transmission strength and also the direction of that signal. That way, you can use and adjust a residential satellite dish.
For people who love travelling as campers, they understand how challenging it is to maintain a signal when the car is moving, and the dish will need to be repositioned. Without a signal finder, it might take you a great deal of time before you obtain a signal again.
Determining the signal strength and location boosts the ability of the satellite dish to receive a signal when you work around an area.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I find a satellite signal?
Using your signal finder, press the menu button, select settings and help on the left hand menu, select settings, on the left hand menu choose settings, select view signal strength to view the satellite signals.
What direction do you face a satellite dish?
Your dish needs to point either to the west or eas, depending on the direction you want to receive the signal.
What is a digital satellite finder?
This is a handheld device that is designed to help you locate television satellites in order to position satellite dishes,
How do I get satellite signals on my phone?
Using Dishpointer Augmented reality android or iphone application, you can easily locate television satellites nearest to your area with your phone. The application alone can help you find the strongest signal while installing your own satellite dish.
On last note, the list above is the decent starting point for you in the event that you want to buy one of the satellite finders. Having gotten some idea on each product’s features, advantages and their disadvantages, we have no doubt that you can pick the best and quality finder.
Each of the above products have what it is necessary to be worth your investment. Apart from being quality, they convey strong signals, are easy to use and are fairly priced. Having done all that, it is now up to you to make use of the information and get the best finder that suits you.